Resume Creation and Writing Tips
- Indeed Career Guide: It contains resumes and cover letter examples and tips.
- Resume templates can be found at such sites as io, resume-now.com, and many other locations.
- The Free Resume Kit from AARP also provides everything you need to help you create an updated professional resume.
- Here’s an example of a Keyword Resume.
- Joyce Feustel helps people, especially those age 55 and up, to become more effective at using social media, especially LinkedIn and Facebook. She works with business owners, business development professionals, business consultants, job seekers, and more, ranging from entrepreneurs to people in large corporations. Find her at Boomer Social Media Tutor.
- Joyce Feustal’s sample LinkedIn Profile.
Online Resources to Find Employment
- The AARP Job Board connects you with employers that value your experience.
- “ThirdQuarter”: An Online Job Service for Canadians.
- AARP’s Job Search Resources for 50+: The top online websites to help land your next job.
- Workforce50 Jobs is a full-service job board where employers are looking specifically for older workers.
- Nifty50s: Job Advice for People in their 50s.
- The Top 60 Remote Work Websites for New Opportunities in 2022
- The Remote Job Guide: Job Search & Productivity Working From Home
- Urban Dictionary: is a crowdsourcedonline dictionary for slang words and phrases.
- Effective Communication at Work: Speaking and Writing Well in the Modern Workplace by Vicki McLeod. “In the digital age, as workers increasingly go remote, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively is―now more than ever―a highly desirable skill. Whether you talk, text, or email, Effective Communication at Workhas everything you need to help boost your workplace performance and productivity.”
- Improving Communication Skills
Learn New Skills
- Akimbo Workshops – founded by Seth Godin covers a large variety of business topics including the highly regarded altMBA. Also, his Freelancers, Copy Workshop, Story Skills, Bootstrapper’s, Small Business, Marketing, Creative’s, Writing, Podcasting, and More!
- Learn just about any skills you’ll need for your new job: Coursera, Skillshare, Udemy, org.
- Steve Dotto’s Evernote Quick Start Guide: This course will help you master the Evernote basics in the easiest, most efficient way possible. You’ll learn everything you need to know to start using Evernote to its full potential straight away.
- Essential Skills for Your Career Development: Take charge of your career development and identify the skills you need to plan and achieve your career goals.
CV & Cover Letter Samples
Joyce Feustel’s LinkedIn Profile
Joyce Feustel helps people, especially those age 50 and up, to become more effective using social media, especially LinkedIn and Facebook.
She works with business owners, business development professionals, business consultants, job seekers, and more – ranging from entrepreneurs to people in large corporations. Find her at www.boomerssocialmediatutor.com.